Featured Post

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Story Chapter 4


 

I saw your eyes closing definitely and just when your head fell hung on your mother's arms, I felt myself giving a very loud cry and that was all I remembered.

Then I opened my eyes and I saw myself standing in the middle of an empty street and alone.

"Where am I?"

I looked around and all I saw were cement walls on both sides.

In front of me, I saw a tall man, thin and lonely standing in front of an open white gate, tall and bright. The gate was just ten meters away. The man was looking on the other side of the street. I walked towards him. As I came closer, he turned around. It was you!

"My señora!"

Those were the words you had said. I recognized your voice and ran into your arms.

We hugged and kissed as if we had never ever kissed each other before. Slowly, the faces of our children had crossed my mind.

"No! My children!"

With all my strength still left on me, I pulled myself away from your arms and opened my eyes.

I realized that I had been dreaming!

Still, my hands were held by our children. We were still under the sea but moving upward. This time, our children were leading me to reach the top of the water.

"We see some lights up there mommy. It looks like the sun!"

Our son was saying them to me as the brightness of the sun crosses the deepness of the sea.

"What a sleep you have had mommy!"

Our daughter added those words to wake me up more.

Little by little, I was coming back to myself. I asked myself then what had happened. I looked around and saw nothing but just the three of us. I looked down below and saw nothing but deeper blue colored water.

Suddenly we heard several voices coming from the top of us.

"Swim and take yourself out of the water!"

One said to me, I guessed.

"Get out of there and hold my hand."

Another one said so.

"Remember your children. You are all they have from now on. Wake up!"

One more shouted.

We looked up and we could not see anybody.

"Mommy, where is daddy?"

Our son asked a question.

Before I could open my mouth to speak, our daughter shouted.

"Hey, look!"

We followed her finger.

Our children said that it was a beautiful big fish passing by and waving with its fins. I could not see any big fish but just small ones.

"Where?"

I asked them, but our children started to laugh and let my hand go. They went to play with the small fishes and the "big fish" as they said. They were so happy.

Slowly, more and more fishes were coming to join them. I was just there watching them.

Later on, some mother fishes came around me. Nobody said a word but just stayed and danced as if trying to entertain me until finally they made me laugh.


 To be continued 😊

The Deep Blue Sea - Story Last Chapter


Check for more: Tap below

The lastest Post:  The Writer Series 

 

(c)bbayonito20/bethbciar

@bbayonito20(Tap to Author's Profile)