Featured Post

Friday, October 16, 2020

Followed Story (SBTS 8)

 

 


 FOLLOWED was the most raunchy among the series I have written. The idea and story were on my mind, but when I started to write it, I experienced doubts as to which word was more apt to use.

Below find samples of the two pages:

 

 

One example, choosing between the word "child" or "son" of the woman (Holy Mary) in the story. I realized I should specify and give a clear description of the mother and child.

In front of my working table stands a cabinet wherein on its top shelf was a framed picture of the Virgin Mary of San Nicolas. It was a gift from my mother-in-law.

San Nicolas is a known pilgrimage location in the province of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Below I provide the photos of the Holy Mother with son, Jesus.


 Another example was the lines:

"The man sitted up the woman after she came back to herself right after tasting the water."

I wrote "tasting" and asked myself.

"Why are you writing tasting?"

So, I crossed it out and wrote "drinking".

On the edited version on the site, it came out:

"The man sits the woman up after she recovers consciousness right after drinking the water."

One more example:

"It was liking to watch a movie!" 😂😂

I have changed it to "It was like watching a movie!"

While writing, I realized myself grasping for words. I had the idea, the story from the beginning till the end, but at the time of writing, words did not come as fluid as it had happened with the other series.

I remembered when the cruise ship I used to work onboard with during my USA days came to a port in Argentina, my ex-chief had noticed my pauses in my conversation with her. I did not even realize it.

She asked me what had happened to my fluency in english. It took out a big laugh from me. Then I  realized what was really happening to me.

Living in a country where you don't have anyone to speak english (in those years of 1990's), except my husband who has always preferred to talk in spanish with me so I learn the language, it seems that lack of practice lessens or makes one forget the language. 

Though another friend has told me once and I believe she is right, that since we are bilinguals, we will never forget english, because we know it by heart.

So my ex-chief's observation really cracked out a laugh from me. She advised me to find a way to keep using it.

Well, let's get ourselves back to Followed.

I stopped in the middle of the story, by the time I had to write about the seven pairs of couples.

I paused. I asked myself if I should continue. I felt as if words were not flowing cooperatively as they should in my pen.

I walked around, trying to forget about the issue, but the reverse instead had happened to me. The more ideas came in, but that time, more organized as if to convince me to go back to my pen.

I gave in and went back writing, decided not to care what word would come out in the pages. The purpose was to put the idea of the story on the pages and get it done. Finished.

Once I reached the end of the story, I threw the notebook on my bookshelf. I said to myself, "Today, I don't have patience." 😄

Then another day, after maybe one or two days after, I went back to reread and laugh at the words, cross out here and there.

I even teased myself.

"And you are supposed to be an English teacher."

Well, I am not a claimed, perfect teacher of English nor Spanish. I am not a certified nor a language teaching college graduate, but I can teach, driven more to help and assist than anything else.

Again, let's get back to Followed.There is really something in this series that I can't explain. Just follow me and let's get back to Followed.

Few more pages were left in the notebook. I thought it was the last series to be written. But then, the series 14, DONE, wanted to be part of it. In which this last series 14 was completed and ended in the last page available and even written fluidly, to my  utmost surprise. 

Whatever then the Stories Behind of DONE, is coming next. So stay tuned and read more. 😊

 

Check for more: Tap more below

The Introduction: Stories Behind The Stories 

Meet the Author: The Pen

 

(c) bbayonito20/bethbciar

@bbayonito20(Tap to Author's Profile)