Featured Post

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Story Chapter 2

 


 

 

While your body was recuperating from the attack, our lives were blessed again with another child. This time it was a boy. Your clone as you had always said. He was really you!

In almost everything, he was your copy. You were so, so proud of him. Once again, I could not forget that happiness and pride you had in your face. Another trophy!

That time had changed me too. I had set aside my fears, my confusions and all the other things that had been occupying my thoughts before. I had confidence again in life. Happiness and contentment filled me up again like before.

We were complete then. We had our girl, our boy, and ourselves. We were a complete happy family. We had love, the most important thing we had cared about. All we had been doing was enjoying our lives together.

We started each day with a big smile and "I love you."

We spent each day hugging, teasing, working, kissing, fighting, reconciling, joking and most of all, forgiving each other before we called it a good night.

We used to say "someone is missing" each time when there were just three of us hugging each other. The other one missing had always been running to come and join the others, leaving whatever one had been doing by then. The children and I had always been fighting for a space in your big hugs. Luckily, you had big arms enough to cover us all.

Suddenly from nowhere, the big shark came back again!

Nobody but me had seen it!

You had not realized it coming. You didn't care about anything else, but us. You had just concentrated on nothing else but to try to make us three happy. It had been your aim everyday. You only wanted joy for your children and your wife. You did not even look back. Never!

You never believed the shark would ever come back again. I had seen it. I had been aware of it coming back. I tried all possible means to warn you, but you had set your mind already that the shark attack had been over. Or would it had been only a self-denial? I couldn't be sure then.

A member of the family of fishes had seen it too. He had been the one, more than anybody else, who knew the whole truth of the sharks return. He had assured you that everything had been under control. He had accompanied you with your belief that the shark would never come back again. He succeeded to gain your confidence. He had claimed that your destiny had already been marked eversince and all he would ever wanted to do was to help you live the rest of your life in what he called "a better quality of life" for somebody with such kind of destiny.

All I had in mind was confusion. I had never been that lost in my life ever. I had never known what to do, what to say, what to think and most of all, what to believe. All I knew then was God's presence. I hanged on my belief and trust in Him. All I could do was leave everything in His hands.

I had tried my best not to show my fears, worries and tears. I had to hide every time. I could not stop my tears. I was alone! Alone inside my own world!

The shark came and bit you. You turned to me with a question on your face. You told me that you did not understand why the shark came back. I could not answer. Neither did I know why. 

 

 To be continued 😊

The Deep Blue Sea - Story Chapter 3

 

Check for more: Tap below

The lastest Post :  The Writer Series 

 

(c)bbayonito20/bethbciar

@bbayonito20(Tap to Author's Profile)