Featured Post

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Sacrifice Thank Offerings

 

Sacrifice Thanks Offerings

 

Nowadays, injustices is rampant in every corner of the world. No one is exempted.

After going through a couple of those recently, I have come to realize something, and in my own understanding, understand better the message of God.

The Verse of the Day, 10th of August 2023, of the Bible Gateway, an online religious website with the Bible available in it, says:

Psalm 46:1 (New International Version)

"For the director of music. Of the Sons of Korah. According to alamoth. A song

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

He is indeed!

Exactly what I was to be reminded of! So, I read more. From the Psalms 46 till 50. I believe to have understood better my own situation. Thus, I made my summary.

Whatever wrongs or injustices done to you, do not seek justice through your own hands. Revealing the truth is not seeking justice. The purpose of taking revenge is. You, as a victim, offers your non-vengeance response as a sacrifice offering to God. For God says, vengeance is his.

"For we know him who said, 'It is mine to avenge, I will repay, and again, 'The Lord will judge his people'. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God." (Hebrew 10:30,31) 

Instead, be thankful that an opportunity exists for you to hold tight to your connection to God. Your oath to obey his law. Your promise to follow His Son, who leads you to Him. That through His Son, you get God, the Father's messages to you.

No matter how much the enemy, the devil's efforts, seeks ways for you to fall into traps to sin, you stay firm and strong in  your hold with God. To fulfill your vows of obedience to His law and precepts. So, be thankful instead. 

Be thankful that your soul does not suffer the tortures that comes from the causes of sins committed against God due to disobedience of his laws. For a creator would love his creation, and an enemy would hate enough to destroy such creation. Thus, to torture is but to destroy.

"Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather." (Matthew 24:28)

That though you suffer as "victim", as you believe you are, remember Jesus, the Son of God. Just like him, offering yourself as the sacrifice to God in thanksgiving. Thanksgiving for everything that God is to you, and for the eternal life that's coming from Him alone.

Below is Psalm 50:14, a call from the Son of God, with whom God himself is one:

"Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."

Honor the Son of God, for in due honors, God is honored, for God is in him.

And to the wicked sinners in particular, as call of message in the following: (Psalms 50:16 - 21)

16 "But to the wicked person, God says:

'What right have you to recite my laws or take my covenant on your lips?  

17 You hate my instruction and cast my words behind you.

18 When you see a thief, you join with him, you throw in your lot with adulterers.

19 You use your mouth for evil and harness your tongue to deceit.

20 You sit and testify against your brother and slander your own mother's son.

21 When you did these things and I kept silent, you thought I was exactly like you. But I now arraign you and set my accusations before you.

Though most oftern it seemed that God "is not doing something" or what we call, "is silent or sleeping"; for it seemed to us, "it seemed", that God has been permissive to wrong doings, all these have never been the case of his tolerance as said in the verse 21. We have to remember, God tolerates for the sake of his love for us. He is love himself. But, we must never forget that He is God. God is God.

So He says: (Psalms 50:22, 23)

22 "Consider this, you who forget God, or I will tear you to pieces, with no one to rescue you:

23 Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me, and to the blameless I will show my salvation."

By God's mercy, we were able to open our eyes to the truth, for God has shown it to us.

By God's help, we were rescued. For he was there at the right moment, place and time.

By God's faithfulness, we were kept in his care. For he make us feel his presence through understanding.

By God's Son, we have light. For he has guided us how to obey God through Him as the Message itself.

And so many more ways by God. We realize, God is always present. Our God never ceases to love us. In His Son, we are accompanied to Him.

What a joy! Praise be to God!

Glory and Honor, Power and Understanding, Praises and Strength, be to our God forever and ever.

Amen.

 

Check for more: 

 
 

(c) bbayonito20/bethbciar

@bbayonito20(Tap to Author's Profile)