Featured Post

Thursday, November 12, 2020

Elyssa Q. Castelo

 

 WHERE'S MY LOVE? 
(Who are You?)   
By: Elyssa Castelo

 

As the sun shines through the slightly opened curtain, I got up from my bed. 

Still thinking about that vision I had, I took my jacket, wore my shoes, and headed outside. It's been a while since I went for a stroll, because I tried to avoid a lot of people nor let them into my life as I dawdled for a long time inside my small apartment. 

I normally celebrated the holidays all by myself, free to do whatever I wanted. Still, there was this feeling where I felt like I was in  need of.

Back when I was still living with your parents, the situation wasn't very different. 

As of now, where it tends to get "irksome" oftentimes, because of all the problems, I would swiftly place my hands across the keys of a piano to calm my mind. 

"Be independent and learn to live on  your own."

That's what they said. 

"In that way, you will be free."

But I guess it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. You have to make a living all on your own, which is scary, because of how big the world is.

As I continued to walk, clueless about which direction I am going, I recognized a familiar place where my feet brought me to. 

The sky wasn't clear. It was like rain that was about to pour. 

I continued to walk barefoot on the warm sand, as the waves rushed back and forth to my feet. I saw an individual standing from afar, who probably did not notice my presence. It wasn't a surprise as he was staring blankly at the sea while the sky was gloomy.

I stood there and I took a glance to where he was looking at. Myself hearing the sound of the water that splashes as they hit the rocks; the wind touching my hair, as it revealed my neck that surely gave me the heebie jeebies; and, the cold breeze touching my bare skin, as if I was experiencing a Deja Vu.

He was wearing White, an inherently positive color which means purity, virginity, innocence, and perfection. 

Suddenly, he looked over my direction. With his blue eyes, filled with sadness, tears slowly rushed down his cheeks. His skin that was pale as snow and his hands shaking from the cold.

Everything was like as if I was looking at myself in a mirror!

Skittish, I slowly ran away as it started to rain. I looked back and saw no one!

Walking my way back to my apartment, I missed the train. I still could not get him off my mind. For some it doesn't matter. 

But the fact that I have been stuck inside my apartment for so long as the seasons changed, I don't know what is real or fake anymore.

Should I go back to that same spot where we stood? Would I want to know what's on your mind?

Who are You?

 

 (c) elyssacastelo2004

 

 Check for more: Tap below 

The latest Post/Series:  

The Writer Series

Readers Share