Featured Post

Saturday, January 30, 2021

The Six Candles - Last Chapter


 
Last Chapter

The birthday cake in front of me was a beautifully prepared chocolate cake. Unfortunately I did not have a camera on hand to take a picture of it, but just could describe it.

It was a rectangular shaped, medium size cake, purely made of chocolate, covered with dark brown chocolate as well. Simple. It was prepared by my daughter and granddaughter. A homemade cake. On it's corners all around were chips of MM's, most probably placed there by my lovely grandchild.

"Grandma!"

I turned around to the call of a beautiful five year old girl, still in her pyjamas. She has long black hair, big brown eyes and pinkish lips.

"Hello there my sweetie pie!"

I grabbed her to lift her up in my arms, kissing and hugging her. She kissed me several times too. Then put her eyes on the cake then at me.

"We prepared that cake last night for your birthday today!"

She proudly told me while still having her arms on my neck and talking to me at short length between our faces.

"You did?"

I asked and she nodded.

I placed her down and she climbed herself up on a chair in front of her the birthday cake.

"How old are you today grandma?"

She turned around to ask me. I smiled at her before seating myself beside her and caressed her hair.

"I am 60!"

She smiled with her eyes grown big.

"You are?"

I gladly nodded.

"That's too many candles to put on the cake!"

She expressed her worries that made me laugh cheerfully.

"That's why we cut it into six."

That one who interrupted was my daughter, coming into the kitchen. She seated herself on the other side of my granddaughter.

My little girl looked at her mom then at me, afterwards to the cake itself. She noticed that the five candles were already placed except one, the pink. It was still on the table waiting for the chance to participate with the others.

"You haven't placed one yet, grandma."

I heartily laugh with enjoyment observing her eyes.

"It was meant for you to place it there, my dear."

She gave a happy, excited smile.

"Yes, I will! I will for you grandma!"

My daughter and I gave her a glorious laugh as she held the pink candle, fixed her look at the cake as if analyzing where should be the right place to put it.

As she was asking suggestions from her mother, I had the time to realize how lucky I had been in my sixty years on this earth.

Life has led just the three of us being together at this precious moment. The most beautiful moment of my life. 

The most tragic moments of our lives were over. All tragedies because of money. I would rather not account nor think about them anymore.

What is most important, we have each other. We have Love. We have Life.


The End.


Thank you for reading!

(c) bbayonito20/bethbciar

@bbayonito20(Tap to Author's Profile)