Featured Post

Sunday, January 10, 2021

Elyssa Q. Castelo

 


Where's My Love?
(Words from a guy named Finn)
By Castelo, Elyssa Q.

I felt presence and looked beside me and saw him standing beside me. I noticed that he was wearing a necklace with something written on it as he started talking, but his eyes were still fixed on the water.

Surfing.

That's what he loves to do.

The Waves.

Don't you love it when it reaches the shore and feel how cold they are when it touches your feet while you're feeling the warmth of the sand?

On how the waves go up and lands beautifully, and flows beautifully like fabric?

And how the wind just feels like it carries you?

And when  you dive underneath, you see colorful fishes and dolphins that will swim with you and collect broken corals and shells and make necklaces and bracelets.

Whether it's sunny or cloudy, day or night.

It's like you're one of them.

And when you're with them, you don't want to go back.

For me, it was Freedom He described it beautifully. I never heard anyone say it with such passion.

But what would you do if someone told you that you can't do it anymore?

A few minutes had passed, it felt like second and before I knew it he was gone.

Suddenly, the place is surrounded with lonely energy. How come every person is more beautiful when you look at them from a far and how mysterious they are like a word puzzle that will surely take time in order for you to find the answer like how much time you need to spend time with a person in order for you to know who they truly are, on how stranger makes me feel safer.

Finn,  his name was Finn.

 (c) elyssacastelo2004

The latest Post/Series:  

The Writer Series