Featured Post

Monday, August 16, 2021

Newborn

 

Backpacker's Road: Newborn


I opened my eyes and wondered where I was.

Remembering myself tiny, warmly covered by a warm blanket and wearing my newborn baby's clothes. I knew they were all in white, because I felt pureness enveloping my body.

Looking up I saw the sky. I believed it was heaven. There were beautiful clouds dancing before my eyes. The color surrounding those white clouds were light blue in color. Beautiful!

I giggled lightly.

Curiosity inside made my eyes look on both sides. My eyes rolled to the left and right. My head even turned to my right. There was nothing strange, different from what I was looking at before me. The same white clouds and blue colored sky. But, yes, I noticed something. 

The white clouds were formed like a half opened door. Looking better inside, there was a distant color of yellow gold like the color maybe of the sun. It gave me a good feeling. My heartfelt joy and unexplainable admirations to what I saw inside- Something is happening in there.

I have SEEN it!

(To read: Tap the SEEN link to the story)

Suddenly I felt a sound in my stomach. Whaaa! I cried aloud.

After a few cries, someone heard me and came to my left side. I saw her. A beautiful face of a smiling woman. She talked to me.

"Oh my baby, are you hungry?"

"Hungry? What is that word?"

My question did not receive an answer. I believed she could not hear me nor I doubt if I ever spoke. All I knew was that I have a complaining stomach. Next I felt myself being lifted from wherever I was. 

I realized there were arms embracing me and a skin full of food with a reddish round little point where a white liquid was leaking. It was finally pressed into my mouth.

"Food!"

I sucked the food so hungrily.

"My poor little one."

The woman talking to me asked me a question I did not understand nor care about. I was just hungry.

I had my eyes closed savoring my food, but opened them when she started to talk. As she was talking, I saw a dove flapping its wings on top of us. Yet the dove wasn't a bird. I saw a face. A smiling, so beautiful and  brightly glowing face.

I stopped my breastfeeding session, laughing to my heart's delight as I was entertained and talked by the dove. I could not remember what it said, much more my abrupt action made me choke.

My choking made my eyes roll and the woman holding me lifted me up against her shoulder to make me burp, while patting lightly my back. It worked.

Against the woman's shoulder and having myself be in a vertical position, I noticed something. A different surrounding. Instead of an open sky of white and light blue colors, I saw a mixture of colors I could not remember and named about. Besides, I was inside a closed room.

"Hello Mommy!"

Someone else came beside the woman and called her Mommy. He was a man. He came to kiss her and turned to kiss me on my head.

"Hello Baby."

He called me Baby. So that was my name.

Then Mommy put me down back unto her arms and looked at the man.

"We are fine, Daddy."

She said to him Daddy. So that was his name. Then I got it. 

"We are Mommy, Daddy and Baby."

That was me confirming who we were. Then said something more.

"Now, we are a Family."

Daddy said so. We, a family. 

"What is a Family?"

I wanted to ask, but Mommy interrupted my own question.

"How was your trip?"

Mommy asked as Daddy put down his bag somewhere and his coat. Then came close to us holding a book.

"You may not believe what happened." 

He responded and seated himself besides Mommy as she took a seat on a chair nearby. Then Daddy started to tell Mommy what had happened to him.

"I met someone on the plane who gave me an inspiration, telling me about his own experience at the hotel. He, too, attended the symposium. He saw a woman with a baby and it made him remember how he was babied by his own wife."

Then Daddy laughed before sharing the story to Mommy.

(To read: Tap BABIED link to Daddy's story)

After the story, Mommy noticed the book that Daddy was holding in his hand.

"What is that book you are holding?"

Mommy asked him.

"The stories of The Little Ka."

(To read: Tap THE LITTLE KA link to the stories)

I wanted to interrupt him asking who was Ka. But he continued talking.

"I bought it for our child's bedtime stories someday."

Mommy smiled at the idea and they kissed.

I was full already. My stomach got filled up and gave me another feeling.

Sleepy. And so I slept.


Check for more: Tap below 

More from Backpacker's Road Next: The Little Girl

(c) bbayonito20/bethbciar

@bbayonito20(Tap to Author's Profile)