Featured Post

Monday, August 23, 2021

The Little Girl



Backpacker's Road: The Little Girl


Seated on a little chair and playing with my dolls laid on top of a small table, I was waiting for Jason and Luke to come and play with me.

I was already around five years old. My mother was not able to give birth again. She dedicated most of her time attending her little grocery store, where infront of it she placed my little table and chair.

Then I saw Jason, behind him came Luke. Both of them ran to the store and looked very nervous and afraid.

(Jason's and Luke's: Tap the link DISGRACED to their stories)

"Hello! Let us play again!"

I greeted them with my sweetest smile but they ignored me. Jason stepped on top of the long wooden chair below the railed window of our mini store to buy a beer.

"Not now. We are in a hurry. Jason has to buy a beer for his father or else he will receive punishment."

It was Luke talking to me. Jason was pleading with my mother to give him a beer. She was refusing. So I cried.

My mother knew how much I love Jason and Luke. They were like brothers to me. She appreciated them a lot for how much they take care of me and how she could count on them to protect me against other children. So she gave in to Jason's beg.

Then my friends ran as fast as they could. I was left alone to myself again. I looked at the window store and my mother was not there. 

I helped myself up on top of the chair to look inside the store. Once again, my mother was with both hands in prayer before her little altar on the right side of the window's inside, to pray. She had her eyes closed praying. I realized she does that everytime that Jason and Luke come to the store. She must be praying for them.

Meanwhile, a man dressed in black shirt called my attention quietly. He could not be seen by my mother. He was calling me to come to him. I wondered what he wanted. I did not come down right away. I was about to do so when another one called my attention.

Someone came out around the corner on my other side. Another man dressed in white shirt. He smiled at me, but looked angry at the other man. He stood by my side. So I shouted at my mother.

"Mommy!"

Right away my mother was alarmed. She opened her eyes and came to the window. I looked both to my right and left, there was no one.

"Yes, my baby."

"I want to go inside. I am hungry."

"Sure, my baby. I am coming."

I helped myself to step down and to pick up my toys. There on top of the table, I saw a bird. A white dove with my dolls. The same dove that always come around to entertain me. I giggled trying to catch it but it flew again to a distance. I looked up and saw it resting on the street's post cable wire, where I always see it. Then once again, I saw the light blue colored sky with beautiful clouds dancing before my eyes.

My mother came to me and got me inside. Later on, I told her about the two men I saw. She was alarmed. Since then, she never lets me get out of her sight. Much more, I had seen her praying more than before.


Check for more: Tap below 

More from Backpacker's Road Next: Girl 

 

(c) bbayonito20/bethbciar

@bbayonito20(Tap to Author's Profile)