Featured Post

Monday, August 30, 2021

Girl


 Backpacker's Road: Girl


"You can survive anything by striving to come out from anything that enslaves your soul. Take courage and seek the Light to freedom. And that Light is Jesus, the Son of God."

Those were the words of our religion teacher that rang and have stayed in my brain. Luckily for me, no one among my classmates had noticed my stunned self as the school bell announces the time for recreation for all.

I believed no one realized how I felt but my three closest friends, who were seated close to me, the twins in front and the other one beside me.

Our teacher has just taken the story of The Deep Blue Sea. 

(To read: Tap the The Deep Blue Sea link to the story)

She also have incited some articles from The Bible Journey

(To read: Tap the The Bible Journey link  to the stories)

My friends and I were left alone inside the classroom as everyone else went out to play in the school's playground. We are all in our twelfth years of age.

As soon as the teacher left the room and only the four of us on our own, I bursted into tears. I could not hold it anymore. 

"What happened? Now you can tell us."

My friend beside me, a taxi driver's daughter, who had shared with us the story of her father when he was robbed and considered himself being watched by God, hugged me so tightly.

(To read: Tap the Watched link to the story)

"I was raped!"

I almost could not say the words. It happened a week ago already. I have been so afraid to tell anyone about it as I was threatened by my stepfather. Not even my mother knows. I have been scared to death what she could do to him.

While I was crying on my friend's shoulder, my other two friends, the twins, came to hug both of us with an incredible shock on their faces.

"Oh my God! That is why you have been acting so strange the last few days. Why did you wait this long to tell us?"

One of the twins, whose parent's store is located just a few blocks from ours, had also shared in the day's class the story of their parent's fights.

(To read: Tap the Ika of my Heart link to the story)

Suddenly, someone entered the room.

"Teacher!"

It was our religion teacher who came in and locked the room's door. She went straight to me and hugged me tightly.

The other twin stopped her and planted her question.

"How long have you been there by the door?"

The teacher straightened herself up and explained to the girls.

"I came back because I forgot the report I had to give today to the administration's office. The door was not totally closed and I halted from entering as I heard her cry."

She gave me a sympathetic look. They were all sad for me.

"Who did this to you?"

The teacher asked me.

"My stepfather. As you knew, my father died even before I was born. My mother got married again. He was drunk when it happened. My mother wasn't home."

I cried and my teacher hugged me again.

"I promised I will help you. It is good you confessed it to your friends. But now, we have to report it to the police."

I was frightened by her suggestion, thinking about my mother. But then, she assured me that she would come with me and help me to explain it to my mother. Besides, my other friends were also urging me to listen to our beloved teacher. We adored her because she has been a very good friend as well to us all. 

I agreed, though confused about it, but felt relief having people who cared and then helping me.

After the class, we went to the police station. It seemed there was no one at the station when we arrived. The reception desk was empty, but not too long, a policeman came from the inside. We heard someone shouting at him. 

"That sounds like Luke."

I said it to myself. Luke is my childhood friend. Him and Jason were best friends. 

(To read : Tap the Disgraced link to Jason and Luke's story) 

My mind stopped thinking about Luke as my teacher started to talk to the policeman and my friends holding my hands tightly. 

After the report, we left the police station. Outside, I saw once again a dove. This time on top of the teacher's car. We left the school in her car. I went to the white dove as I felt peace inside of me as I saw it. I passed my hand into its back and it let me.

"Hello my friend."

I said it as everyone with me came and tried to do the same. But it flew. So we all laughed and left.


Check for more: Tap below

More from Backpacker's Road Next: Teenage


(c) bbayonito20/bethbciar

@bbayonito20(Tap to Author's Profile)