Featured Post

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Called 3

 


Round One:   Called
Round Two:   Called 2
Round Three Called 3

The strong strays  of the bright, big shining sun woke him up as he found himself lying alone at the peak of what seems to be the highest mountain on earth.

It was the peak. He was on top where as he stood, the rocky earth he was stepping on seemed to measure about one hundred square meters or little bit more. An exact number passed on his mind as he felt a wind passing by his head as if whispering to him.

"120"

He turned around trying to catch who spoke to him.

The next thing that crossed his mind was the person he loves the most.

"Father!"

Then a soft breeze enveloped him as he spoke the word.

"Where are you?"

He cried as he kneeled putting his hands on his face then he remembered what had happened.

He reviewed the previous events before his actual situation.

He has an older brother. One day, their father called them when they reached the age of seventeen.

"Come here boys."

His brother was playing with him a chessboard-like game but with stones. In his memory, the event happened in the ancient times of Jerusalem, where environments, living conditions, clothing and culture were the settings.

On top of that mountain peak, he was wearing a pyjamas like white plain shirts and pants made of cotton. He could not understand why. Anyway, the story of the event continued in his mind.

His brother with him went to approach their father who was outside the tent in his long tunic clothe, bearded face and holding a long wooden stick on one hand and bow with arrow on the other left hand.

"Yes, father."

Both the boys responded.

"My sons, both of you are at the appropriate age to start working and helping the family and community."

The brothers nodded in agreement with their father.

"Here I have the stick for who prefers to take care of our sheeps and bow with arrows for the one who chose to be our archer to hunt animals."

The brothers looked at each other.

"I'll take the bow and arrow, father. I can handle that better than this younger useless brother I have."

It was the eldest who spoke first as he has always tried his best to impress and earn the praises of their father. He had been jealous of the younger brother from childhood.

Their father looked at him then to the younger son searching for his reaction. The younger son just shrugged his shoulders, ignoring the brother's comment and smiled at the father.

"I am glad, father, he had chosen to be a hunter. I choose to be the sheep keeper. I love those sheeps and I prefer to take care of them. Give them to me. I will take care and guide them all for you. I will give my life for them."

The father gave him a happy, relieved smile.

"I bless you my son. Go and be their shepherd."

Then he turned his attention to his eldest son after the younger son left.

"And you, my son, you have to keep in mind that you are brothers. You should love one another and never compare yourself with each other."

He handed him the bow and arrows with a blank face. The eldest son could not figure out what his father felt about him.

"And what father? Are you not going to bless me as well?"

He asked his father.

The father stared at him a moment then spoke in a calm voice as always.

"This is one thing you must understand. I gave  you these weapons for a purpose. I passed it to you with my own right and will get it back with my full right. I love both of you though you are different in heart. You will have your weapons for as long as your brother has his stick. Because I am fair and just between the two of you. Now go and do what you are anointed for."

The son bowed his head as the strong look and seriousness from the father's words impacted him and empowered his whole being.

That was the second event he remembered.

"Though you have sent me away to the field to attend to the sheeps, I have heard what you have said to my brother, father. I never understood how I could ever have heard you and why, but I did. That's why I could recall it again."

He stood up and looked around him. He could only see layers of clouds as if they were steps of a stairway to heaven. He looked below but still layers of clouds. 

He sighed a deep breath.

"What am I supposed to do now?"

Another gentle breeze embraced him that made him close his eyes and another event came to pass his mind.

He was in the field. He was on the farm with the sheeps. He saw himself in the middle of the many sheeps surrounding him. He was carrying in his arm one sheep who was newly born. He was happy holding it as the other sheeps were celebrating with him.

"Brother!"

From the far, by about six hundred sixty six meters away according to his calculations of the distance stood his elder brother with his bow and arrow aimed at him.

As he turned to him, his brother let his arrow go and it hit directly the baby sheep in his arm which then went straight to his heart.

His whole body shook strongly as he opened wide his eyes after remembering the event.

The strength of the shake he felt was as if it was the highest number an earth's quake could ever reach. But that gentle breeze turning itself into white, thin clouds have steadied him, embracing him with equal strength.

"What has happened?"

He asked himself.

But then the writer of his story woke up too, shakened. He was writing on top of his table and as usual his sleepy head had led him to sleep on top of his draft papers. Then someone whispered something to him.

"He was Called."

He turned around. Once again, he believed it was Gabrielle. But when he looked by the door, he could only see it closing itself and the door knob clicked "closed".

He saw his pen on top of his previous two series of Called.

(To read: Tap Called link to the series)

He picked up The Pen and kissed it.

"Thank you."

(To read: TapThe Pen links)




(c) bbayonito20/bethbciar

@bbayonito20(Tap to Author's Profile)