Featured Post

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Jessica Alexa Bayonito

 

 

The Greatest Gift
By Jessica Alexa Bayonito

 
How is it that Christmas is different
Now, than it is like before?
All I know were food, drinks and parties
And beautiful presents from the stores
 
Wrappers no longer excite me
And ribbons have lost their charm
No gift ever truly satisfied me
Though they cost a leg and an arm
 
So I sat down one day and remembered
The true story of Christmas day
There's no reindeer, nor elves nor Santa Claus
Just a Child in a manger with hay
 
He came, with no pomp nor commotion
There He lay, as humble as can be
The Lord became such a tiny, tiny human
For one day, He'll save sinners like me.
 
All along I thought I was doing great
'Till I saw the depths of my sin
Now I understand why the angels sing "Gloria!"
For this Child is the Savior King!
 
Now I know this Christmas will be different
For He is the reason, after all
He's my Gift, wrapped in swaddling clothes
because it's Jesus, the greatest Gift of all. 
 
 
 
  (c) lexxxabayonito
 
 Check for more: Tap below 

The latest Post/Series:  

The Writer Series

Readers Share