The Sixth Year and still going!
August
2 is the Anniversary Date of this blog. Though today is already the 18th. But still a great day to celebrate! With what has been happening in the world nowadays, whoever and whatever has reached today must celebrate. Not all reached TODAY!
First,
I want to thank you, those who still keeps on following or maybe
peeping on, once in a while in this blog. As long as you are there, The
Pen lives. You are the breath, so to speak.
To
celebrate the Sixth Year, let me share with you some of Edgar Cayce's writings I have collected from a little book of his, given to me by a friend long time ago.
" Think NEVER that the opportunities have passed; for ever is there set before thee a choice to make, and has always been given."
In other words, keep trying. You'll never know when the tide must turn.
"...each soul has a mission in the earth, and is in expression a manifestation of the thought of God, of the First Cause. Thus all stand upon an equal basis before Him. Then, ye have no right to condemn self or to judge others."
"Be glad you have the opportunity to be alive at this time, and to be a part of that preparation for the coming influences of a spiritual nature that must rule the world."
"Then, do not count any condition lost. Rather make each the stepping-stone to higher things, remembering that God does not allow us to be tempted beyond that we are able to bear and comprehend, if we will but make our wills one with His."
"Study to know thy self in relationship to that ye choose as thy ideal. And let that ideal be set in Him, who is the Way, the Truth, and the Light."
"For to hold grudges, to hold malice, to hold those things that create or bring contention, only builds the barrier to prevent thy own inner self enjoying peace and contentment."
"KEEP THAT FAITH... do not let those things which may not in the present be understood weary thy soul, but to know that sometime, somewhere, you, too, will understand. KEEP THE FAITH.
Let's remember A Psalm of David: To our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God:
PSALM 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads
me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his
name's sakes. Even though I walk through the
valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
for you are with me; your rod, and your staff , they
comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of
my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup
overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house
of the Lord forever.
May the blessings, guidance and protection of God, be with you all! I mean, be with us all. 😉💐
HELLO!
Writing
is like a moment's attack of ideas, thoughts and words on my brain that
flows directly to my pen. Yes. I am an old-fashioned type. I use my
precious Pen to write my drafts. That is why I honor it here, my best
pen.
This
blog is my medium of sharing some creative short stories I have
written. I make it clear, creative. Creation from my own imaginative
mind of stories that may seem ordinary, similar or whatever it can be
for a reader. Some of them have already been shared in my Facebook page
named Simple-Me. They are in video forms under the collection of The
Writer Series. Here you'll find the complete series plus other
intermission posts, and more, if you are interested enough to follow.
About Me
Most people know me as Beth, with
the letters "th" pronounced in English. But in the country I live in,
the letter "h" isn't pronounced. Sometimes, I need to repeat and explain
my name's pronunciation with the letter "h". The purpose is the same,
say my name. So, I'm Bet(h).
As
Beth, I'm no one special to the world. But this world has special
people to me. The Writer Series Stories you read on this site are all my
works, including other stories and other posts unless stated if they
aren't.
You
see, I like to write. I love to write whenever I feel like! It can be
edited or unedited, grammatically correct or not. Anyway, online
document apps are available and whatever mistakes there are, especially
in spelling, you can freely blame it on them. Let technology do its
job.😉
I
have studied Journalism in my high school days. My work has pleased our
teacher. I was sent to participate in a short literary contest for the
City High School Division. It was my first and only one, but has left a
mark on my memory and pride. I won! Well, it wasn't a place between
first to third, but the forth. I was told it was lucky enough for a
beginner. Then, I was recommended by my teacher to Teachers Contribution
Magazine at that time, and another magazine or two as a Contributor. I
was accepted by them. I just don't remember anymore the name of the
other two magazines. I started to earn some money. I was advised by my
teacher to continue writing and dedicate to short stories for a start
then to work my way up to become a novel writer! That was too much to
dream of for someone like me. I was only so pleased to meet my teacher's
expectation on assignments given me based on trust and belief in my
talent. I like that!
Life
or destination has driven me to a different future. I graduated with a
different degree. A degree in college I have just applied and worked for
a time.
Well, this Beth here, just writes to be "happy and free!".
With The Pen as my ally, my
aim is just to write out all those thoughts of ideas, stories or
whatever crap you might call that are begging to be passed through a
pen, draft them out on a paper then drag them to the site. Something
similar with Simple-Me, my Facebook Page of sharing and companionship,
aiming to help and love one another.
Elizabeth
Gilbert, a famous best seller novel writer, writes and just wants to be
"finished" as she put it in an interview with Marie Forleo, a life
coach and web television host. Well, The Pen feels the same.
Facebook Page : SIMPLE - ME
Thank you for dropping by. Stay tuned for more.
@simplemethepen
