Featured Post

Monday, October 4, 2021

The Players


The Chessboard - The Players


The only son kept playing and working on every move on his chessboard. A gift from his Father. He was always working on plans, strategies and movements.


One day, another boy his age entered the room. He looked like him. He was human.

"Hello. I am Adam. Your father sent me, so you can show me the chessboard. Just show it. I was not allowed to play with you. You are sacred to him."

The son nodded.

"I understand. Have a seat."

The boy sat himself on the right side chair from the son.

Soon after the son started to explain how every element on top the chessboard works. They did not have any name, but Adam was given the privilege to name each one. 

Adam learned and was so amused by what he was shown and taught by the son.

Then the son let him study and  learn more by himself. He was just observing Adam. Later, he noticed that his guest was starting to get bored and sad on his own. He remembered that Adam was human after all.

So the son closed his eyes and thought about his father. Sort of talking to him. 

Soon another human came in. This time it was a girl. She came with a smile and beauty in herself.

"Hello. I am Eve. Your father has sent me to learn and accompany Adam."

The son nodded.

"Have a seat."

Adam was surprised, but gave her a welcome and happy smile.

The girl smiled back to both and took the left side chair from the son. Her arrival sparked enthusiasm and excitement to Adam that as soon as she was seated, he happily shared everything he learned from the son. 

The son sighed a relief of happiness watching Adam's face. So he stayed just observing them. 

After a while, in the son's heart he felt that the Father was calling him. He stood from his chair and left some words to Adam and Eve.

"I am leaving for a while. Teach, learn and enjoy each other's company. Play the chessboard game but never challenge each other. Love one another. Do not hurt each other. Enjoy what you have as brother and sister. I will trust the chessboard in your hands until I come back."

The son was looking at both, one to the other. Then Adam made a promise.

"Go in peace. I will take care of your chessboard."

Eve smiled and said more to assure the son.

"I will stay with Adam to take care of it. Go in peace."

The son smiled at what they said to him.

"I am Peace. I am the one that gives peace. My peace I leave you. Do not let any trouble come in between  you."

Then he left.

Adam and Eve were left on their own. They were treating each other kindly, nicely, learning together and enjoying each other. Both full of happiness and laughter. 

Until one day...


Coming Next:  The Challenge

(c) bbayonito20/bethbciar

@bbayonito20(Tap to Author's Profile)