Featured Post

Friday, June 21, 2024

Heaven Hears



Heaven Hears




One more time, one's own  personal experience can testify that answered prayers do happen. Heaven hears. How wonderful that is!

I was betrayed by a friend. From the one that I would have never ever expected in the least of all possibilities, but it happened. Let's leave it like that, for what was done was already done.

To my own surprise, it came as if nothing but unexpected. Deep inside, I did not really feel pain. I was disappointed, yes! Very much. Even to the point of laughing at myself at how stupid I could be not to notice it's coming. But analyzing what I might have contributed to the betrayal, I realized that I have always done my best for the friendship. Just like Pilato, I washed my hands to leave the dirt on the water, and leave it to God to judge me.

As a normal reaction, I distance myself away from toxic friendships, especially from those whom could have known about my traitor's feelings toward me, but preferred to shut up their mouths and not warned me at all. That's been the problem of considering oneself as an everybody's friend, but it hasn't been the case. Well...!

And so I turned to God. "Now what?", I asked.

The thing was, I had beautiful plans to spend together with my traitor. I offered a summer vacation at my expense, for I would not leave it as a debt by the other who claimed not to be able to afford it. But then, the Heaven Hears and it saved me and my savings. The betrayal came into my knowledge in even the most unexpected way, before the concretion of the plan. Thanks God!

Long before, I have asked God to give me a vacation with at least one friend, for I felt stressed and wanted to relax. I prayed. So I made a plan and choose a friend who turned out to be a wrong one.

Obviously, God has another better plan for me. Hold on there, now I tell you.

It started with a long time friend name Lyn. We knew each other for years, even worked together, but we live far from each other. Far enough that her found group of friends aren't mine, though I knew them and have even been a little close to them. 

She and I have something in common, fortunately. That's been love for arts. Both of us agreed to make a tour each month to visit museums in City of Buenos Aires for the whole year of 2023. This is the reason, The Pen, has been away for a time. But I am back, once again.

Through invitations by her and other common friend like Cel, I got myself into the group which started on the invitation to the birthday of Neri. I had never met Neri in person, and it was an opportunity. So I grabbed it. Grabbed the chance to open up again and try, a new group of found friendships of people. It turned out a blessing! Ha Ha.

You see? Leave it to God, don't fret. Just trust and be happy. That's not the end yet. Read more, learn more about answered prayers, for " Heaven does hear."

It has been my routine, habit or whatever you call it, to pray first thing in the morning. I pray the rosary. I pray the novena. I pray to Our Lady of Perpetual Help. It has always been my time dedicated to talk to Jesus. I call him "Bro" or "Brother". Because He is our brother. The One who existed from the beginnings of time.

In one reunion, in a common family friend of the group who lives in Puerto Madero, Arnold and family, in a burst of the moment, an idea to spend a short vacation together came into the minds out of the usual friendly, family-like conversation of the group. Slowly, as the days passes by,  the idea turned into plans, actions and completion. Just like that. Magic! HaHa

The group has a purpose in its trip. To visit  someone from our same country, Philippines, who has been living so far away in the mountains of El Bolson, Rio Negro, Argentina. A friend we met first through social media like Facebook and been communicating through Whatsapp. She lives there  because the husband  came from the place.

As the days come closer, the season of Autumn we have has been showing instability in its forecast. Sometimes rainy, sometimes not in El Bolson. That was something that I must admit had worried me. It shall be the first time for me to travel to a region where there's snow and most of all going up the mountain. Not scared, but excited, anxious of how should I protect myself from cold of the snow. Ha Ha. 

As always, I turned to my Bro. I could just imagine him smiling and whisking his head from sides to sides. Always I hear, " Don't be afraid." Nothing else. So I finish the laughing for him by laughing at myself alone and find something in the house to do. 

Then one time, by mere laughing, I saw my novena book of Our Mother of Perpetual Help, which I have abandoned, I should say, for a while. There I looked at Her image hanging in my living room and remembered Her presence. Yes! The Mother of us all does exist. Why not?

So I prayed a nine day novena that moment which was exactly nine days before our due travel to El Bolson, without me even realizing it at the moment! Nine days after, at the ninth day, first thing in the morning, before travel, I prayed. 

There were only three things I made clear to pray and asked: 1) Good Health  2) Good Climate and 3) Good Memories for the group. 

On the day of travel, the granting to my prayers started to happen. We were all in good health. It was a very pleasant day, almost Spring in the season of Autumn. The flight and road travel were smooth and safe. The good memories started to roll on. Thanks be to God in the Highest, to Our Mother of Perpetual Help and of course, to Brother Jesus. Heaven Hears.

Here is one of our celebrations: watch the video and with me, lets Praise the Lord!



The group went and came back happily the same in both ways. All in good health, good climate, sufficient enough to enjoy the trip and everyday fun, and most of all, good memories as shared together. Through sweets and spices, life is complete in its meaningful purpose to be understood. 

The Lord God hears prayer. Giving not a better one, but the best. Just let God take over and Bro leads us to Him. 

This I sign, The Pen. Love you people 😘